Digital Deceptions is an award winning graphic and web design studio that has been serving the Regional Municipality of Durham since 2001, we create solid websites built with WordPress, using web standards ensuring that your website is seen on every device that accesses the internet and our graphics are second to none.
If you are in the market for a website and feel the web is just so utterly cluttered and complicated, we need to talk. Digital Deceptions specializes in using the right tools to get your message out to the right audience and looking real good doing it.
No fancy titles, confusing buzz words or technical gibberish, we build great websites, show you how to use them and then give you the tools you need to maintain them.
Although I may just be a lone graphic and web designer, I am also part of a team of multimedia professionals called Somedialicious. We work very closely with each other and this paired with my creative and technical knowledge allows me to hire who I need per project, so no job is ever too big or small.
I have been designing professionally since 2001 as soon as I finished both a Computer Graphics and a Web Design & Multimedia program. Unfortunately I was completing school just as the Dotcom bubble burst.
Design studio jobs were nonexistent. Self employment was my only option. Digital Deceptions was born.
Where’d you get the name?
“Digital Deceptions” was coined in 2000 after playing a joke on a friend. I crafted a very official looking invite letter and made him think he was being asked to try out for a professional football team.
- Sep 2012 | Presentation at WordCamp Toronto 2012 on “The WordPress of 1812″
- Jul 2012 | Rediscovery of Oshawa’s Past: Sharing of War of 1812 Stories Project with FBSC, funded by the Government of Canada
- Mar 2010 | Presentation at WordCamp Toronto 2010 on “How to use Social Media to win an election”
- May 2009 | Presentation at WordCamp Toronto 2009 on “How WordPress has helped my business”. At the same conference the Digital Deceptions web site took home an award for Best Theme Design
- Apr 2000 | Made my friend believe he could be a professional football player